Table of Contents
A chainsaw is an important tool, which helps you cut wood for various purposes, such as building houses. You can also use chainsaws to prune hedges. Chainsaws come in different sizes and have different power sources.
We have the gas-powered chainsaws, battery-powered chainsaws and electric chainsaws. Electric chainsaws are becoming more popular in this modern age due to how good they are, and their versatility, among other things. Electric chainsaws are good for a lot of simple tasks like felling small trees, trimming branches and bush clearing. If you are an amateur at using chainsaws, then you will find the electric chainsaws suitable for your needs.
Why You Should Use an Electric Chainsaw
Gas-powered chainsaws are the most popular types of chainsaws and have a lot of power. We need to know the advantages of using an electric saw as opposed to any other type of saw. Does the electric chainsaw have a lot to offer or not? Check out What Type of Chainsaw do I Need.
- Electric chainsaws are lighter than the gas-powered chainsaws. They are driven by an electric motor which instantly reduces the weight of the chainsaw drastically. An electric chainsaw should weigh about 10 pounds averagely, and this means you don’t have to be very beefy before you can use the chainsaw.
- Electric chainsaws are smaller than gas-powered ones because they don’t have a big engine; neither do they have a lot of engine parts. Most electric chainsaws are not made for industrial use, so they usually measure 6 to 8 inches.
- One major setback with using gas-powered chainsaws is that they are very loud, this problem has been eliminated in electric saws. They are silent when idle, and they generate less noise when in operation compared to the gas-powered saw.
- The electric chainsaw is easier to use than a gas-powered chainsaw; this is because it’s significantly lighter than the gas-powered chainsaws. Therefore, you can hold it for a longer time.
- Electric chainsaws are easy to maintain; they require less maintenance than a fuel-powered chainsaw.
- If you are on a budget or you have no use for heavy-duty chainsaws, then an electric chainsaw will be best for you, especially when you are just a home user.
Disadvantages of an Electric Chainsaw
- The major disadvantage to using an electric chainsaw is that it has less power than a fuel-powered saw; a gas engine generates more power and can cut through large logs of wood with fair ease. If you have an electric saw, there are things you will not be able to cut through.
- Since electric saws have to be connected to a power source, they’ll be limited by the length of the cord. Also, there must be a stable and constant power supply, since if the power goes out, your tasks will be left undone.
Electric chainsaws are good for certain activities; however, if you are a professional who deals with large trees and logs of wood, then a gas-powered chainsaw might just be the best option for you. Remember always to take precautions when using chainsaws, and wear safety gear.